What’s up, November?! You kind of snuck up on me, bro.
Although I had to work quite a bit and UVA’s football team continues to crush my heart each Saturday, it was still a fantastic weekend. I hope you can say the same. Here’s what I loved the most about this past weekend:
1. I got to rock out with three amazing friends on Saturday. Like the typical DC weekend, we made a rap video. Other than my twin babies, it is my favorite thing I’ve ever made. Seriously. I’ve done a lot of cheesy musical performances over the years. This one is actually good. I hope.
2. Halloween candy is still plentiful around our house.
3. We had some folks over on Thursday for a non-party Halloween party. It was fun catching up with old friends, meeting some new ones, and eating way too much food.
4. I’m a 30-year-old attorney. I spent Friday night playing a wrestling video game with two other legal professionals who are also present/future fathers. Yep, we’re a mature and classy bunch. Oh, and I also got to hang out with my super fly goddaughter. Unfortunately, her parents separated us because I was “allegedly” teaching her “bad” things. Whatever.
5. I caught up with a remarkable friend from dear ole’ UVA. Seriously, he is the coolest and most interesting guy I’ve ever known (other than Justin Timberlake). Hopefully we will break our streak of only seeing each other once every two years. I hate it when life gets so busy that you can’t truly enjoy life.
6. I got some new kicks. I know the Bible says idolatry is bad, but I think Jesus would make an exception for Jordans.
7. Speaking of Jesus, Pastor Dennis crushed an awesome message at Capital City Church about reaching the potential each of us has inside us and not being burdened by the heavy, confusing, and complicated yoke of religion.
8. Our dear friends Eddie and Paul had a killer Halloween party. I met so many wonderful people, ate so much incredible salsa, and plowed through twenty Double Stuf Oreos. I regretted two of those decisions the next morning. Paul, who is a creative genius, had the fun idea that we should be Bert and Ernie for Halloween. Although we looked like nightmarish versions of those beloved Sesame Street characters, it was still fun!
9. The Patriots won.
10. We’re one day closer to college basketball season.
Have a blessed week!